Get ready to Play, Craft, and Learn
Minecraft: Education Edition is an open world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. During this workshop, you will receive an overview of Minecraft: Education Edition, learn to play the game, and explore curriculum and classroom resources you can take back to your classroom and continue your journey.
We provide resources to give you a foundation on Minecraft, game-based learning, and adapting curriculum to leverage this creative platform. Preparatory materials provided below should be obtained before the workshop attendance to make sure you can take full advantage of the in-person workshop.
- Learn about Minecraft: Education Edition, its place in learning, and unique features suited for teaching & learning with immersive games.
- Become a Minecraft player. Learn the controls, crafting, and game features necessary to gain confidence and lower anxiety about game-based learning.
- Learn strategies, tips, and tricks to integrate Minecraft into your classroom. Learn what’s worked for educators successfully teaching with Minecraft, along with resources you can bring back to your own classroom.
- Take a learner’s role, and walk through a learning experience featuring Minecraft. Then, move through examples traversing grade span and subject area, demonstrating the global applicability of Minecraft in schools.
The primary audience for this session is teachers, empowering educators teaching in a variety of settings.
- Grades 1-12
- All subjects/content areas
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teacher Professional Development
Recommended size for this academy is 20 educators with one trainer.