The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy is designed for teacher trainers and those who are responsible for training educators on the integration of technology in the classroom. The goal is to provide trainers exposure to the many Microsoft technologies and resources that support student-centered learning based on authentic problems and projects while aligning to 21st Century Skills, ISTE’s Standards for Educators, and UNESCO’s ICT Framework for teachers.
Benefits to becoming an MIE Trainer
- Learn about the latest research findings on effective professional development models and the implications for teacher trainers.
- Access to professional development content that you can use as a trainer.
- Understand how you can use Microsoft professional development including needs assessments, adaptable training materials, and evaluation tools.
- Earn an MIE Trainer or MIE Master Trainer Badge.
- Get an MIE Trainer or MIE Master Trainer email signature to use.
- Participate in ongoing discussions and receive recognition for the important work you do.
- Grades 1-12
- All subjects/content areas
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teacher Professional Development
Recommended size for this academy is 20 educators with one trainer.
Twelve hours/2 days (recommended)