Description: Skitch Touch is a free tool for communicating visually with friends, co-workers, and the world. Annotate images with arrows, shapes, text, and more. Use Skitch to sketch something new, mark up maps, screen captures, or even a photo. Then save or share your Skitch annotation to help others see and understand your ideas. Getting everyone on the same page has never been easier.
Skitch Touch is an intuitive app and users of all ages can edit images quickly and easily. I often use this app when demonstrating Windows 8 devices as I can create something half decent under pressure!
- You can create a new Skitch note in a number of ways:
- Use the built in camera
- Search or browse a map
- Upload an existing image
- Copy and paste from another app
- Or start with a blank canvas
- You can also use the Charm bar to share with Skitch from other apps, such as Photos.
- You will notice a ‘Sign In’ link in the app; you do not need to have an account to create Skitch notes, but you will need one if you want to edit existing ones.
- Editing is easy. The most used options are adding text and adding arrows for labelling but you can also add shapes, use a marker pen, pixelate parts of images or crop them.
- Students and teachers can use the pixelate tool on parts of images for a quiz. Whose face is that? What is she holding?
- Once you have created a Skitch note, you can easily export it as a JPG or PNG to use in other apps. Here’s one I exported earlier:
Stevo says, “Who is the mystery man?”